It’s no secret I don’t like cardio, well I wouldn’t say it’s just a simple “I don’t like that”. I think more so it the fact that most of the “traditional” cardio exercises don’t interest me in the slightest. Off the top of my head, Running; Rowing; Elliptical; Spinning, the list could go on and on. After some research however I have come across an accessory that I believe will help me enjoy my cardio workouts a lot more, a Skipping Rope!. Let’s take a look at a few positive points about skipping.
- It is a great HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) workout.
- Skipping exercise is known to around 800-1000 calories an hour.
- It improves footwork, balance, coordination and agility.
- Skipping helps in muscle toning.
- All you require is a jumping rope, which means your cardio really can be done anywhere.
There is without a doubt a load more beneficial points for skipping however I could go on forever with a list. The main point for me, although I completely suck at skipping I REALLY enjoy it. I’m going to get a lot more information in regards to skipping and most of this will be “hands on” from my routines. I’m going to record a video of myself currently as it will be nice to have a comparison of myself now whilst I’m really bad and then again in a month or so when I’m not “as” bad (hopefully).
Stay Tuned for updates !!!